Roaming the world
Roaming is a service which can keep you connected when you travel for business or pleasure its is simple and bmobile’s service gives customers many ways and options to roam. As a frequent roamer all you need to do is be aware of how roaming works and the many ways to roam. Most importantly how to manage your roaming experience so you can keep connected and roam with ease.
Things to do before Roaming
- Check with our contact center (*100) or any bmobile retail store to ensure that the roaming feature is on your mobile account. Provisioning the feature is free of charge.
- Check your mobile to ensure it is a tri-band or quad-band handset. This would ensure you have the capability to roam worldwide.
- Check the listing of roaming partners to determine if the country you are visiting has a roaming agreement with bmobile. Pay special attention to their roaming frequency.
- When traveling, ensure that your battery is fully charged and remember to take along a power charger. For some countries you may require a power converter or adapter.
- Check the roaming rates of the country you are visiting to ensure that you can manage your roaming voice and data charges.
Prepaid Roaming Charges
Postpaid Roaming Charges
How to Roam?
For all calls within the roaming area, dial + followed by the country code and area code, then your party’s telephone number. For example: +1 784 494 5555 or +44 567 978 6789.
The caller will dial your mobile number just as they normally would, if you were in your home country. Once you are roaming on bmobile/Cable & Wireless in the Caribbean, all incoming calls are FREE. On all other networks, incoming calls are billed when roaming.
Bmobile roaming service allows you to send text messages to your friends, family and colleagues abroad. It’s as easy as making an international call.
Simply type you message, dial +, followed by our party’s country area code and phone number and press send. You can send text messages through carriers with whom bmobile has established International Texting Agreements. Please see our most up-to-date list of carriers below.
Customers who wish to access their voicemail when roaming are advised to reset their mailbox with a password.
To access your voicemail:
- Dial your own mobile number (e.g. 1 868 xxx xxxx) and wait for the necessary prompts
- Enter your password
- Listen to your messages
Note: Not all mobile providers allow you to dial your own number, so you may need to access your voicemail from another phone by dialing your number (see sample number). You do not have to pay for voicemails deposited in your account while roaming.
- Data Roaming gives you the ability to access your data services like emails, attachments, apps and other content while roaming.
- Just like voice and SMS service, using data services while roaming also carry charges and should be managed to avoid incurring a large bill.
- Frequently some post-paid customers roam without putting the necessary precautions in place, and when they are billed they are faced with “Bill Shock”, this occurs when there are charges on the bull that a customer may not have been aware of which occurred while roaming.
- Systems Settings
- Network Conections
- Mobile Network
- Data Services
- Select “OFF” when roaming – N.B. Once your data roaming is switched off you will still be able to make and receive calls and SMS
For more information, call us at 1-868-824-TSTT (8788) or click here